After divorce, do you think...

men or women get re-married sooner...and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• It just seems to me that men do, and it's probably because women are more likely to keep the kids..
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 3:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My neighbor after is wife of 25 years died of cancer he married in less then a year. He's daughter (years done the road just died from the same cancer, her husband remarried within 6 months of her death and they were married 11 years
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Some do, some don't. I'll never get married again. Learned my lesson the first time.
    I had 2 friends that got married right after their divorces was finalized.
    For most I beleive it's a fear of being alone and wanting that someone to love.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Men do... at least from my expirence. I am so not in a hurry to go through all I did when I was married. (I was abused) and now that I have kiddos even the thought of getting hitched with their dad makes me worry.
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• In my experience, men. For two reasons.

1) I think men more than women emotionally check out of the relationship they're in quite far in advance when it comes to divorce. They often "wait" for the woman to file. As such, they have been emotionally "single" for longer. Also, they often already have their eyes on someone else. I can think of at LEAST 4 guys I know who were divorced and remarried within a year.

2) Men are sometimes more decisive than women. IE: Once they decide they want something, they go for it.

3) I think they are a little bit less picky than women AND don't seem to have as much aversion to dating multiple people at the same time, thus speeding up the whole process.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 3:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Men - because most can't function well outside the parameters of marriage, esp. if they were married a long time.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I don't know if I got a divorce I know that I wouldn't even be willing to date until after my kids were grown up, it would be too difficult to find a man I like that I could also trust around my children.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2010