Why am I so bothered by this??? adult content

A girl I grew up with has twins the same age as my daughter(4) and they go to daycare together. She lost her kids because her boyfriend was physically abusing them. She could've gotten her kids back about a year ago but she decided to stay with him instead. He beat her (bad) about a week ago and now they are back together (still without her kids). Why the hell do girls like this even have a uterus? Who would put any man before their own kids? and WHY do I let it upset me so much? I almost feel like she deserves to be beat. She's just as bad as he is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Some women have babies. Some women are mothers. There is a difference.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I ask myself the same thing everyday hon. My mom married a man who just got out of prison for BRUTALLY beating and raping a woman with Down Syndrome. She brought this monster into our home and he eventually came after me when I was 17. She stayed with him and blamed me for the attack.
    Some women care more about getting laid than for the welfare of their kids. I wish I knew why.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• It really bothers me too. My husband's exgirlfriend from like 6 years ago was commiting crimes while she had a baby (not my husband's) and she got sent to prison for a couple years. When she got out, she decided to become a lesbian and live with this woman who is 20 years older than her, and they live 3 hours away from her daughter, who is being raised by her grandma. She never cares about or sees her own daughter, and chooses the lesbian over her own daughter. The little girl is now 8 years old and we see her occasionally. Her mom broke up with the lesbian and decided to move to Wisconsin instead of coming to see her daughter. I don't know why a woman would ever want to be apart from her child. i could never do it. but then again i'd never commit a crime that could risk me losing my child to begin with. it's irritating when women can't grow up and take care of their kids
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• At lease the kids are taken away and are in a safer place. That's what matters.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• She probably feels that she deserves to be beat too... that's half the mentality of an abused woman.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 3:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Some women have no self esteem and cling to men and are willing to take any little scrap of affection. He is beating her because he loves her!?!?!?!?! WhAT?

It is fucked up! I never understood that. I have always known my worth, so I don't understand it either. Thankfully the kids are out of the situation and hopefully they will have nice lives without her. It is sooo sad D:
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I know what you mean by asking why it bothers you but its because you are human with a heart and don't want to see this person making stupid decisions over and over and now you see kids involved and its a sick horrible situation and what these poor children have to go through is devistating.. ugh.. its horrible..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Its because that is all she is used to. She hasn't seen life in a different way before. (probably wont) :( it happens , it sad but think about it as it not you ! :)
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 3:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Tell your friend that she needs to leave before she dies. I left my 1st ex right after he pushed me. If I hadn't I probably would have been in the hospital or worse.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• She thinks she deserves to be treated this way. Giving up her kids to stay with an abuser was probably the best decision she could make for her life and thiers...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2010