Ever go through this?

All of a sudden my 1 year old doesn't like being in the car.... She was so happy for a while to be FF (she REALLY hated Rf-ing) and now unless I am going on the highway/ freeway (heaven forbid I stop at a light or hit traffic) she is whiney. We have given her toys... she is fine til she chucks them across the van... her twinsister doesn't mind being in the car (until she sees us pull into the garage)

is this normal? any tips?

twinmama2009

Asked by twinmama2009 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you checked her car seat and buckles to make sure nothing is off or poking her?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My daughter did the same thing, and she has finally gotten out of that stage. But we used a snack or toys to keep her calm. Also the sunroof would distract her if we opened it =)
    Mommy2Bry

Answer by Mommy2Bry at 3:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My daughter HATED the car as a baby.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 3:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Unfortunately there is no sun roof. But I try that with the windows... And my dad is saftey seat certified (he sold cars and still keeps up with his cert.) he checks the straps and buckles everytime we see him (EVERY weekend)... he said she is fine and just trying to get a rise out of me... I worry though.
    twinmama2009

Comment by twinmama2009 (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• most babies hate the car because they hate being confined and not able to get around and play with everything. i just let my son cry cuz there is nothing you really can do. its not like u can get her out of the car seat, thats unsafe and illegal.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think some kids just go through this, especially when they are newly mobile. My oldest did it for about 6 months. Every Time I put her in the car-seat she would scream, "STUCK! I'M STUCK! STUCK! I'M STUCK!" non-stop from the moment the car door closed until it opened again. We lived in a big city with horrible traffic at the time, and I just had to tune it out. When she got old enough to enjoy using a Magna Doodle that helped a lot. My twins never got to that point, but they did go through a whining in the car phase; with them I bought some kiddie music CDs and cranked up the annoying music, and that seemed to work pretty well.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My daughter is doing the same thing right now. She just gets tired and bored and will start asking me for things that arent in the car (binky, blankey, bite, drink) she says it all lol
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I haven't experienced this and I hope I don't. Good luck I hope you get some great advice. :)
    camsmom415

Answer by camsmom415 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My son has hated his care seat since he was 3 months old because we took him on a long car trip... so she must be tired out on it... he hates it when I stop to, he doesnt mind if i go a steady pace... but eventually even then he gets very fussy... and sometimes I have to stop take him out go into a store and then we come back out and yet he still screams...
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• do you listen to music? thats how we got the kids to settle down, turn on the radio. plus, could she be getting to wind? my youngest sits in the very back of the van and keeps her window closed cuz she don't like to hear the wind.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2010