Any tips on getting baby to drop? I am 37 weeks and my 2nd baby has still not dropped. My first child came 3 weeks early so I don't know what the deal is this time!

Brooke1106

Asked by Brooke1106 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't worry for another few weeks but you should try walking around everyday, and doing some light streching. The baby will come soon enough, try to get some last minute things done, most likely the baby will not come untill you are totally ready. After you are ready just try to get some rest while you still can. Good Luck with the delievery and the new baby : )
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 9:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• walking
    maddysma4u

Answer by maddysma4u at 9:39 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Some babies don't drop. That's ok!
    momioftwinz

Answer by momioftwinz at 9:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My first baby was 2 weeks early, my second baby was 3 days overdue. They were both about the same size. The second was just smaller and wasn't ready yet. It drove me absolutely insane waiting. I chart my temeratures in order to help get pregnant and had early ultrasounds, so I was 100% sure of my dates. I know it's hard waiting, but pregnancies are all different and the baby probably just isn't ready yet. But like the previous person said, some babies don't drop, so the baby could be here any time, just try not to worry about it. And by the way, once the baby is here it won't matter one bit and your baby will be here soon no matter what!
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 10:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Your baby is goin to drop when they want to, and it doesnt necessary mean anything when they do drop. My dd has been head down and dropped for about a month now, maybe a month and a half, But I was due the 7th and still nothing. I have not lost my mucus plug, and I havent had any contractions!! So that really doesnt matter, I am within days sure of when she was concieved. So I will be induced Tuesday if she still hasnt decided to come on her own.
    GooD LucK~!!
    Octmom789

Answer by Octmom789 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It is common that the first baby drops the earliest. In subsequent pregnancies, the baby might not drop until a couple days before. This is completely normal. I
    AmandaH7

Answer by AmandaH7 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My baby didn't drop until my water broke. Also, second babies tend to drop later than first babies, so don't stress!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2008