music during labor

did any moms listen to music during labor? when I had my 4 year old i didnt even think about having music so this time I am bringing my IPOD. any suggestions? i like just about anything

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 3:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I brought my IPOD with me to the hospital and it stayed in the bag.. :( Wish I had remembered it was there. My labor was only 5.5 hours though, so I guess I didn't get too bored.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 3:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I thought about it, but I don't think it would help to cal me at all, i'm having labor pains, listening to music and trying to breath, I don't think that my focus would be on the music personally. I'm going to check back to see if anyone has tried it!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i love music...its a passion of mine actually..i'm a wierdo cuz heavy metal music relaxes me
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I might bring my iPod into labor, but I don't know. Having never been there before i don't know how I feel about it lol. I guess it'll make it better than just laying there for hours lol, but I don't know. Hopefully I'll visitors I can talk to. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, so I think conversation will keep me more entertained lol.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I had to have an emergency c-section. In the OR they had a radio playing and my son was pulled out to the first chorus of the All American Rejects song Gives You Hell. I kid you not and after a 41 hr labor that is excatly what I was going through till that moment. Lol. You also need to check and make sure the labor and delivery department will allow an iPod.
    Oktobre

Answer by Oktobre at 3:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I did.... I took my portable cd player and listened to the soundtrack to Lord of The Rings, The Fellowship.... It calmed me. The music is exquisite and portions are very peaceful... kinda like Celtic music... actually Enya is on there at the end.... I wasn't in labor but for maybe three hours so it worked out well!

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I didnt know you could do that lol
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2010