Has anyone heard of National Healthcare Benefits

I read about a ''Telehealth Network' where you can speak to a licensed physician over the phone, receive a diagnosis, and have a prescription called in for NO CHARGE. It's called National HealthCare Benefits?? Has anyone ever heard of it or used it?

37Mom

Asked by 37Mom at 3:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I have never heard of this. I would be more than little leery of an unfamiliar physician diagnosing me over the phone, much less prescribing an Rx.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 3:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• ^^I agree.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• never heard of this
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• bump
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No. I would be pretty skeptical too....
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:21 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• never heard of it, but sounds too good to be true, and i've learned that when it's too good, it's usually NOT a good idea.. mabye ask your regular dr about it?
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• After a lot of research on the Telehealth industry, I have decided to give it a try. I enrolled on Aug 30th and received my membership book and cards a few days later. I haven't used it yet but it appears to be legitimate. Before anyone in the family can use the service, I had to fill out a complete medical history for everyone online. The process is that I request for a Doctor to contact me. The Doctor- licensed in my state- reviews my medical history prior to calling me, and then does a complete diagnosis....and if needed the doctor will call in a prescription to my pharmacy. It's obviously not for serious illnesses, but I can see the value for something minor. Thankfully everyone in my family is healthy at the moment, but I'll check back once I have actually used the service. BTW, dental, vision and prescriptions are part of the plan. Haven't used any yet-- but the dental network is Aetna.
    37Mom

Comment by 37Mom (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Nope, Never heard of it.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 1:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010