Uncreative Husband

Do you ever feel like you're always the one coming up with idea for things to do together, or as a family? It's not that he doesn't like to do anything and sometimes he even complains that we sit at home too much but I'm always the one coming up with the ideas!! For once I'd just like for him to surprise me with a date or take us and our son out somewhere unexpected. He says he's just not good at thinking of places lol. Is anyone else's husband/SO like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Are you describing my hubby? lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• He sounds normal to me. Tell him it's stressing you and ask for help.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My husband is okay with it, but doesn't think up of anything new and or exciting, it's always bland and original. Going out to eat, i'm always the one that's like, hey you have off, we have a free weekend, we should go camping.. like the day before it all... that's just him i guess.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yeah, if I leave it up to him I know what we'll do, and it doesn't involve the kids ;)
    I feel your pain sister!
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 3:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My husband is the opposite. He plans just about everything. Not because I don't like to or can't, but if I plan something he will act like I am forcing him to do it... but if he plans he is all on board. If I invite friends for dinner he pouts and acts all "why do we have to do this tonight".... but if he invites the same friends on the same night... he is happy to have them.

Not sure what the deal is, but his best friends wife and I have gotten pretty good about planting the seed of what we want and letting them "decide" that is what we are doing. Or we just make is spontaneous and ignore them... lol!
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 3:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• YES!!! I just want him to say, here is the plan, and I will even contribute to a conversation!!
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My hubby is the same way. I got tired of being the one coming up with things to do that we made an "activity jar." Everybody in the family offered suggestions that we wrote down on pieces of paper and once a week we pull out a slip of paper and we know what we are doing. I still have to do most of the prep work but at least I don't have to come up with the ideas.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My husband is definitely like this. I think part of it is that he is at work all the time so doesn't spend a lot of time thinking of things for us to do. He is creative but I am usually the one that thinks of adventures for us as a family.
    One really cool thing you can do is sit down together and each take about 15 or 20 (or more!) little pieces of paper (sticky note size will work) and write things or places you would like to do (local or reasonable distance) and put them all in a jar. On the days that you have free time as a family, someone gets to pick a piece of paper out of the jar and that is what you do! Only one re-draw, and if you re-draw you HAVE to do the second thing you draw.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Maybe it's a guy thing. They've used all their brain cells at work.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• For a minute there I thought I posted this question and forgot about it lol. Obviously you're not alone! If I knew how to get him to do something I'd share but I'm in the same boat.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 3:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2010