Question for work at home or SAHM?

My husband is sometimes the only adult I see in a day (or a few days). It REALLY bothers me when he comes home in a bad mood. It just sucks all of the air out of the house and makes everything feel funky.

Anyone else have this?

Niki_sd

Asked by Niki_sd at 3:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes. I work at home with the kids and yes, I can go days without seeing other adults...when DH comes home and has a short temper or is easily frustrated by the kids I want to smack him.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My husband doesn't do this.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• no, sorry. its usually me who is in the sour mood. he just comes home, glad to be there, and i'm tired of being there all day! lol!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I hate when I try to hug my Dh and he is like not right now. But I have to understand that it is like when the dogs get up and want me to play before my coffee.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 3:29 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My husband very rarely comes home in a bad mood, he has a stressful job but thankfully is very even tempered.
    I make a point of getting out to be around other people though, I don't stay home all day to the point he is the only adult I interact with. That can get really really old.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:29 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I have been a sahm for many years and plenty of no adult interaction. If Hubby comes home with an attitude I try to give him the love and understanding I would my children... after all husbands are the biggest kid of all! Usually a little compassion goes a long way. A big hug and kiss and an I appreciate all you do for us statement can ease the grumpiest times. And if all else fails, he is just needing some me time for himself.
    sew_n_mama

Answer by sew_n_mama at 3:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yes, sigh. As a matter of fact the first words that came out of his mouth when he got home was "I got pulled over for speeding". Then he went on to discuss how bad his day was.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• yes, it can kill the mood in the house instantly, my DH has a nasty temper and if hes in a bad mood anything will set him off so I know how you feel. And I do try to make him feel appriciated and loved but it doesn't help I just end up making him worse.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• o yes when my husband does work it is hell he is a framer (builds houses) man they are so bad they yell and curse and everything else just tell him not to bring it home and tell him it messes up ur day he should understand mine did
    jimenez123415

Answer by jimenez123415 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• yes but the reality is i could be doing more about having time with other adults, women in particular. that said although i forget sometimes to take my own advice but it's best when i don't take his feelings personally even if he tries to unleash them on me. find some time to do things for yourself and be who you are and it will strengthen you against falling prey to others' moods.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2010