postpartum bleeding

How long did your bleeding last after baby? My baby is 5 weeks old and I'm still bleeding and I feel like it's going to go on forever. I had a c-section and I'm breastfeeding. Does that influence the amount of time you bleed for after delivering? I'm so fed up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bled for close to 5. I had a vaginal delivery

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I bled for 3 weeks, but 5 weeks (or even 8) is normal. Sometimes breastfeeding can lessen bleeding time but not always.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Both C- sections here and after my first the bleeding lasted 9-12 weeks. I was also breastfeeding. Im not sure if the breastfeeding has anything to do with the healing process. With my second son the bleeding stopped right at 6 weeks and i did not breastfeed at all. I guess it all depends on your body. Ive known people that stopped bleeding a couple weeks and ppl a couple months.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i went for 6 weeks at the least. i wouls still bleed on and off for a while too. i breastfed and had a c section.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 3:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010