Why...

Do I get so worked up when I see teen moms that don't do anything with themselves. I am a mother to a four year old and I am a freshman in college, and it pisses me off to see all of these moms that don't even try to do anything to provide for the children. I think it's because I work my ass off and what do they do? NOTHING!! And then complain when times are tough. I understand if you have special circumstances, but my mom moved out on her own at the age of 16 with a 3 year old and still went to college and pursued a job at the same time. I always got to spend time with my mom and was well taken care of. So I know personally that is achieveable. But why does it bother me so much??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Because you are proud of yourself. Just remember, not everyone is as capable or has had the role model you have had. ;)

p.s. That is cool that you are doing it so well!
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Because it should.. Lots of people have kids and just think it's all fun and games.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Because you let it bother you
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I feel the same way but then again I haven't worked the hardest I mean I tried I got food stamps and insurance and I look for work I am a college student and do chores to get help from my dad but at the same time I know I could do more...I wish I could be hard working like you its just not working that way. you have every right to get angry with teens who just sit and wait for things to happen they shouldnt have opened their legs in the first place
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Because most girls as teens aren't ready to become moms. You have to accept that, then maybe it won't bother you as much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Because its hard to listen to someone complain when you know they aren't really trying to improve their life and you are working your butt off to make you and your kids lives better. But just remember that you will end up with the better life because you're working at it and they will be in the same place they are now, so don't let it get to you because it just makes you unhappy.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• In so many ways, I agree. However, I was a teen mom... Wound up in an extremely abusive marriage, and am AGAIN picking up the pieces and starting over. "Tough Times" do not just come to people who sit idly by, and let their life play out with no direction.

I moved out on my own at the age of 17 with an 18 month old child... It can be done, but it's not easy, and without *BASIC* education, a lot of people, with or without children- well, they never make it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i feel the same way. I know people ( used to be friends with ) that have kids. but do nothing, not even with their kids. totally capable of it all but don't . Its because you and I and all the other moms that feel this way are doing what we know is capable. They just haven't grown up yet. (that is what my husband says. I totally agree with it
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 3:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yeah, I know that tough times don't just happen to those who just sit around, but the one person I'm talking about had a child at 16 then when she was a senior she dropped out and then the next year she had twins and she complains about how hard it is, but if she would have stuck through it maybe it wouldn't have been so bad.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• It bothers you because you feel that if you can do it then everybody else should do it too...but what you should take into consideration that everyone does not have the same mind set and the resources to achieve in life. Some people look at life as though its easy and take that easy road just to get by...and some are afraid to succeed because they are accustomed to failure...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010