Do I have an agruement?

Okay well today I had an appointment scheduled and asked my boss a week in advanced if I could get that day off, he agreed. Let's keep in mind the appointment could not be rescheduled because the doctor was 2 months out. Well I come into work monday, looked at the schedule... and he scheduled me to work on the day I asked off.

The whole day I tried to think of a solution to no avail, so I decided I couldn't miss my appointment so I called in. Then my boss had to nerve to ask me to come in later that day(after my appointment)...... trust me not possible! But I don't want to provide a dr's note because quite frankly my womanly issues are my business. My point is I know he agreed to give me the day off.

I know I could have been more flexible but if i've given notice am i still in the wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Health

• i don't think you are. can u take it as a sick day?
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Often appropriate amount of notice in 2 weeks. That being said I think it also depend on what sort of line of work you are in. I had a boss once and I requested a day off for a wedding more than a month in advance and he wouldn't give it to me because I worked in a small retail business and he wanted the day off and there were only 3 managers and 2 need to work in a given day. I was able to find someone from another store in the area to cover for me, but if I hadn't been able to you bet I would have called in. I feel if I give notice that is good enough. My boss doesn't own me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Just get a note saying you were seen today. The note doesnt need to explain why you were seen.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• On Mon when you saw the schedule why didn't you just remind him that you had to be off and he agreed.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010