How do you feel about taking something like SlimQuick to help lose weight?

I have been trying to lose about 20 lbs for the past 6 months. I have changed the way I eat, watching how much and what I eat. I walk about 5 times a week maybe 6 for about two hours. Sometimes the walks are on a track and other times it is on the beach. Nothing is working and I am thinking about taking something to help. What do you think?

TinkerMoms

Asked by TinkerMoms at 9:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Health

• If used properly. I like meal replacement bars, shakes when I do not have time to eat. But don't rely on just that. A diet change could definately help you with loosing wieght. Everyone is different, but this is what worked for me. I just cut what I normally ate in half. Example, instead of a whole chicken breast I would only eat half. If I normally ate a whole sandwich, I'd only eat half. Or make half so you don't waste anything. I cut out soda, drank more water and milk. Ate more fruits/veggies too that are high in fiber. It's also important to take a nutritional supplement. I started taking a great 10inOne liquid vitamin. Feel free to click the link, but even if that one is not for you, please check others out. Your body will thank you! It will amaze you how healthier you'll feel.

Hope this helps.

http://www.4yourfam.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 9:55 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• seriously. healthy food. three small meals, and three snacks, or four small meals and two snacks. what you need is to keep your metabolism working, so snacking frequently on something healthy will definitely keep that going. should this fail after about a month or two (yes, it takes time) talk to your doctor about a plan that works for you. don't waste your money on "fool proof" ways to lose weight. my mother has been trying that for years and her condition hasnt improved. any unhealthy habits (eg. smoking, drinking...) need to cease. think healthy, you'll be healthy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• and a side note- you need all the nutrients you can get. your doctor-again-will be able to help you set up a plan that works for you. make sure your body gets what it needs. dont deprive yourself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I'm glad to heasr that you have made positive lifestyle changes and you feel that your health and fitness are important to you. I get this same response from many of the moms I work with and they are ready to just try "anything" at this point of frustration. You seem to be doing what you should from a fitness standpoint, but let's discuss what types of foods you are eating. Are you eating foods such as white bread (even wheat bread is made with enriched white flour), white rice, white pasta, cold cereals, highly processed foods (the stuff in the middle of the store) white potatoes, "instant" foods (instant potatoes, instant oatmeal...etc), fruit juices? If so, a good reason you may be holding on to your weight is because of "Insulin Resistance" even though you are working out 2 hours 5 times a week.

To learn more about Insulin Resistance and how to reverse it, please send me a message!

livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 12:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I tried the SlimQuick powder & it is so strong that it's hard to drink the recommended amount. It didn't really work either. It tastes good at first but the more you drink it the more disgusting it gets.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 3:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I tried slim quick, I tried Alli, south beach, and Atkins. Atkins is dangerous to your body, and Alli well you can't eat fat food at ALL. Slim quick didn't do anything for my body. I've recently lost 19 pounds and 27 inches since May. I've been doing herbal life. It gets down to the nutritional level. 2 shakes, herbal tea. I also take the pills but some people don't like pills. If you have any questions, you may ask me or find an herbalife distributor.
    alaskaice

Answer by alaskaice at 9:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Take it from someone who knows... DON'T USE THOSE OVER THE COUNTER WEIGHT LOSS SUPPLEMENTS! They screw up your whole metabolism! Once you are off them, your body will just gain it all back even if you are watching what you eat.
    I agree with Livewell4me. You may be dealing with insulin resistance. Even after I changed my diet and started a daily exercise routine, my weight loss was unsuccessful. Insulin resistance became an issue. As of right now, I am on a new medication that came out and It's working. staying on the same healthy diet that I have been accustomed to and working out daily, I have been seeing a nice healthy weight loss of approximately 1.5lbs a week.
    So go see your doctor and have them check you for insulin resistance. Also, you need to incorporate alittle more cardio, eg. jumping rope, jumping jacks, and more strength training.... incorporate yoga, squats, push-ups, lunges. Good Luck!
    AndreaNYC129

Answer by AndreaNYC129 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 14, 2008