How can i get myself to run everyday after work?

I want to , but then i think of other things that need to be done. I was doing really good, then all of a sudden i just stopped. how do you all do it?

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 3:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have two dogs that get hyper if I don't walk them. So in order to relax I have to get them tired first.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 3:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I did it while at my sons soccer practice then during the off season he would run with me. Now i use the gym, i take classes in the evening and that motivates me to go, i see other moms i know and its fun. find a buddy that helps alot :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Walk fast or just stroll at the mall, or a track . Football fields those tracks. A cemetery has walking paths. Their are usually lots of joggers. Or just go up a hill and challenge your breathing.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 3:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would LOVE to know this one too. I have a dog that needs to be walked everyday but by the time my husband comes home from work I'm so tired that I don't want to do anything.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I wonder why you stopped. Make sure that you are not burning yourself out. You should take a break from running for a couple of days. My routine has been to run Monday to Friday and take 4 hr walks in the weekends. If it rains, then swim for 1 hr. If you are in a rot, try doing something different for a day or two. I'm thinking about learning Yoga soon. Also, I eat fruits to get an energy boost 1/2 hr bef the run. Another incentive is to change your trail/course so it doenst get boring.
    song888

Answer by song888 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I have a American Bull dog they required to walk daily So that they can stay healthy. So I guess I can't make excuses.
    But maybe if you just reward your self like ( OK lets say you ran everyday then on Sunday go out and buy you a new pair of shoes or shirt ext that can keep you motivated. That what help me also.)
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 5:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• You got burned out. If you are not an experienced runner you shouldn't run back to back days. I have been running for years now and I am just now to the point where I can run back to back days once a week and not feel over stressed in my legs. A good idea would be to run either Monday, Wednesdays, & Fridays and then cross train with another non-pounding exercise (swim, bike, weights, etc) on in between days. Also, make sure you throw in some rest days. I recommend 1-2 a week.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• If you want to run, just tell yourself you're going to run for 10 or 15 min then you can stop if you still don't feel like it. Chances are you'll keep going.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010