If you use cloth diapers...

what brand do you use? do you use refills or inserts? comments...?

also... i'm guessing the diaper genie type pails don't work for cloth diapers, but it seems like all the ones in the store are geared toward that ... what pail do you use??

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 3:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use Diaper Rite prefolds from www.diaperjunction.com with Thirsties covers around the house. I have a few different pocket diapers that I use when out and about, with Fuzzibunz being my favorite. For a diaper pail I have a large Simple Human lidded trash can that I use with a large wet bag.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I use the ones from TheLuvYourBaby.com site. They have inserts included. They were most inexpensive ones I found out there. And I love them, but I only have those, so nothing to compare them to. I fill the washer up in the morning and toss them in as the day goes on. Then after the babies are in bed I run the rinse cycle, then I wash them. I also use washclothes rather than wipes. Plus my oldest still doesn't poop in the toilet well and has an ocassional accident. So the underware are in there as well. I have a diaper pail, it's a Diaper Champ and uses any kind of garbage bag. I bought it during my first pregnacy at a yard sale. But I rarely use or used it. I found when throwing away any disposable diaper they just went in the regular trash.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I used prefolds and flats with thirsties duo wraps.

You don't need a fancy container. A rubbermaid trash can with a tight fitting lid is fine. I lined mine with a washable liner.

I was doing elimination communication too so my baby hasn't been in diapers since 9 months and is 11 months now (we use cloth training pants and a potty).
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• First check out www.jilliansdrawers.com
    they explain all the different kinds. They have sample packages, and any diaper you buy you can try for 30 days and return it if it isnt something you like. I get everything there, customer service is awesome. I tried out 10 different diapers. One size diapers are the best value- they are for newborn until 30 lbs. It is the only size you will ever need. I went with bumgenius 4.0 with snap closure, the velcro closures dont hold up as long. I went with a pocket diaper instead if a All-in-one, pocket diapers can be stuffed with extra inserts for overnight. Everyone has a different diaper that works out for their child/family, this is what works out for ours. Read up and get all the info before you go out and buy alot of something. The website also has info on washing too.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• wood1980 - this is incredibly helpful!!

on the one size, is it super bulky on a newborn? that's a big weight difference... i'm just trying to picture this...

the posting i refer to in the original post was for gdiapers. did you happen to try those? just curious how different all the options are... thank you so much again for the link!!
    figaro8895

Comment by figaro8895 (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• just about all pocket diapers that are One size are bulky on newborns until about the 10-12lb mark. I never tryed G diapers but the reviews are better on pocket diapers.
    check out www.diaperpin.com for cloth diaper reviews!!!
    I used disposable for the first month because with a new baby I didnt have time, and they go poo all the time!!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 26, 2010