How long should fever last after 4 month shots?

My son got shots yesterday at 3 p.m. He still has rectal temp of 101.5. He seems happy and normal for the most part. He may be a little more tired than usual. How long should all of this last and does it sound normal?

MaMaMo531

Asked by MaMaMo531 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son just got his 4 month old shots on Monday and he didn't react at all. I think he felt a little warm that night but after that, he was just fine. Call his pediatrician if the fever lasts for more than two days.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Like the previous mom said, if the fever lasts more than 2 days, call your doctor.
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• An welcome to the 1 in 6 club... Fever is one of the most common injuries the CDC lists that occurs to vaccine victims...

Take him to the doctor if it lasts more than 24 hours... keep him hidrated and cool...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:29 AM on Oct. 9, 2008