marriage counseling

Would you go to marriage counseling even if your spouse did not want to go? Would you go so you could have someone to talk to?

momof2girls757

Asked by momof2girls757 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I go to a counselor I can't go to a marriage counselor without husband because he refuses to go. I guess he's to macho to go. But if a marriage needs help and you tell your husband about it why don't they go to a marriage counselor with you? If they care for you they would go. That's the way I look at it.
    Marriage counselor are for couples.
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 3:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• sweetie.. It all depends on the situation. Me and My hubby have gone to counseling. but we both wanted it. IF you feel you need to go to talk to someone, I'd do it. Even if he didn't want to. It might be hard to go through because you might think you should not need this. But sometimes it's the best thing for both. ( all depends on the situation) . I hope that helps.
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 3:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I go to a counselor too although not a marriage one because my DH won't go. But I agree if a marriage needs help talk to him first and see if he's willing , if not then find one for yourself if needed.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I have talked to my husband and he said its stupid and he doesn't need to see a counselor i will be going to one because i feel i need to talk to someone my husband is verbally abusive and an alcoholic that is why i think he needs counseling but he disagrees
    momof2girls757

Comment by momof2girls757 (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• If it makes you feel better, why not, at least you can release your stress to someone
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i would go if you and ur man need help and thats what it takes then u should go even if does not want to it will help u heal
    jimenez123415

Answer by jimenez123415 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• If my relationship was at the point that we needed counseling I would definitely go; even if my DH did not want to go I would still do it. My relationship is important to me, and I would do whatever it takes to keep it going, if I can. Who knows, maybe my husband would change his mind and end up going with me later on.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• yes, i would and i have and it totally helped both me personally as well as the relationship.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• :-( i just read your reply - if he's alcoholic and abusive don't expect anything to change but your willingness to continue to be in a one-sided relationship. but definitely go because you don't need that shit.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2010