bipolar disorder

have you ever been diagnosed with bipolar disorder?
if si what medicines did they put you on? and what dosage did u take?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Health

• I have been. I was on several different ones, none of which helped. Finally discovered the root of my problem and am fine today.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I am I'm on lamitical 200 mg.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 4:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I was diagnosed as bipolar about 10 years ago. I have been on paxil, seriqual, Effexor XR and several others. Right now I am on 7.5 milligrams of Abilify and it works very well.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 4:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• yes and i am on celixa and abilify been on lamitical, 20 mg each
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• We all have our ups and downs, our "off" days and our "on" days, but if you're suffering from bipolar disorder, these peaks and valleys are more severe. The symptoms of bipolar disorder can hurt your job and school performance, damage your relationships, and disrupt your daily life. And although bipolar disorder is treatable, many people don’t recognize the warning signs and get the help they need. Since bipolar disorder tends to worsen without treatment, it’s important to learn what the symptoms look like. Recognizing the problem is the first step to getting it under control. My two niece's mom is bipolar and she was prescribed melatonin to help her sleep and respirdone to help with her out of control mood swings. This is why I have her and my brother's girls.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I have. I am on Lamictal, right now 150mg. Though, I was on 200. I hate it because it starts to melt sometimes, and it's nasty. That causes me to have anxiety about taking it. But it works pretty well.
    I had been diagnosed with depression, and put on several different depression meds, none of which worked.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My husband is Bipolar. Several different ones!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yes, I've taken lithium, depakote, seraquil, zyprexa, abilify... don't remember the dosages... they all had horrible side effects so I stopped taking them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• If you want to try an all natural way of treating your disorder before usin pharma drugs. Go to this website and look around. You can call and ask as many questions as you have.

http://www.truehope.com/truehope_bipolar_disorder_stories_videos.aspx

EMPowerplusA new approach to mental wellness
    EMPowerplus is Truehope Nutritional Support Ltd's revolutionary micronutrient treatment developed to address the symptoms of mental illnesses such as bipolar affective disorder, depression, schizophrenia, attention deficit disorder and other central nervous system disorders.
    Thousands of people with mental illnesses now depend on EMPowerplus to effectively control their symptoms, without significant side effects.
    sarchasmic_1

Answer by sarchasmic_1 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2010