corn & peas

My 2.5 year old asks for frozen corn and peas in a bowl in bed with him every night. Its like he is hungry or its a compfort before bed. How do i get him off of this ?

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 4:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stop giving it to him. You can't "get him off of it" if you keep giving in to it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Just tell him no and deal with the screaming for a few days. He will get over it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Just stop giving it to him and buy him a blanket for comfort
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• He's eating them right? Is it a problem? Do they get all over? I don't think it would bother me.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Is he eating them,or holding it?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would compromise and let him have it as a 'treat' before bed, but not in bed. I would be worried that he would choke or try to shove them up his nose.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• How about doing bedtime snack before bed? I wouldn't have an issue feeding my daughter peas and corn, that is way better than a lot of the sugary snacks.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 4:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2010