what is a good bed time for my one year old?

she takes naps during the day that can last for like 4 hours, then she does not want to sleep till 10 or later when it is time for bed.

Taylasmomma

Asked by Taylasmomma at 4:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She should be taking a 2-3 hour nap during the day, gently wake her up if she is still sleeping after 3 hours. Make sure she isn't sleeping past 3pm as well, and she should be in bed earlier. Good luck!
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 4:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I four hour nap is actually to long even though we as moms enjoy thoughs longs naps but 1 1/2 to 2 hours is really the max time for naps. A great bed time is 8 pm.
    armywife81803

Answer by armywife81803 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My ds can take 3 hour naps but i try not to let him nap passed 5 or 6. It's not easy as he gets really cranky sometimes but I need him to sleep and he needs to sleep too. :) Good luck momma
    camsmom415

Answer by camsmom415 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I put my son down at nine, it always gives me a little extra sleep, but I dont let him nap past 4, and usually its 3, i only do four when he gets down for a nap a little late.
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Oh, a good bedtime depends on the child and what time she's waking up in the morning. When my Dd wakes up at six, she's usually in bed by 6:30pm. If she wakes up at 8 or 9.. I can't get her to bed til 8 or 9!
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 4:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My son's bed time was always 7:30pm because we all had to be up at 6:30am. Now that he's 2 and doesn't go to sleep as quickly at 7:30pm he's usually up until 8 or 8:30pm to burn off all the extra energy. He's aslo napping only an hour or so a day. We keep it consistent though, always have. It helps when they "know" when bedtime is.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i send my dd to bed at 9pm
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• It depends what you want her schedule to be. A little boy I take care of goes to bed at 8:30 - 9 PM, gets up around 9 - 9:30 AM and takes a 3 hour nap from 2 to 5. Try getting the nap to start earlier if you want her to go to bed earlier. Sometimes waking them up from a nap early can be tricky. My two were bears if they were woken up early from a nap.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My DD goes in for a nap no later then 130pm and she is up no later then 3pm. Bedtime is between 7-8pm and she is up well latly she has been up with the sun 530-6am. I think the best bedtime is between 7-8pm it all depends on what time or if the child needs to be up for daycare or whatever in the morning. I never let my DD sleep long then 2 1/2 hours, no matter what.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• thank you for all your answers.
    Taylasmomma

Comment by Taylasmomma (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2010