what is a good bed time routine?

normally i just put a fresh diaper on her and let her sleep in only that. i give her a bottle and her favorite stuffed animal.
should i give her a bath before that? should i put her in pj's?

Taylasmomma

Asked by Taylasmomma at 4:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Our routine was always bath time, pj's, brush teeth, reading books, cuddling, to bed with favorite blanket and stuffed toy. We never let them have a bottle in bed.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• elizabr: that sounds reasonable thanks. doctor says no bottle, but so far it is the only thing that will get her to relax enough to even think about sleep. :(
    Taylasmomma

Comment by Taylasmomma (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Our bedtime routine is bath time, pjs and then a short tv show where I sit with ds. I also let him have a sippy cup of milk while he's watching his show. We usually watch baby einstein. He usually only makes it about 15 minutes into that and then he's ready to go down. I bring him up to his room. There we rock and read a book. After the book he goes down in his crib with his blankie and I have a music thing that hangs on the side of the crib. That goes and lights out. It's usually around 7-7:15 that that happens.
    talestra

Answer by talestra at 4:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i don't give him a bath every day - just 3 times a week but he gets a bottle and when he's done with that we put him down in the crib :) he has his bottle with me on the bed while we watch something on tv, then his dad comes and gets him to go to bed - he will sing to him too :) now whether or not he actually goes to sleep is another issue :) but the lights are out and we leave the room so he either goes to sleep or entertains himself - we have a mirror that plays music and a nightlight that also plays music if he wants it to.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Our bedtime routine goes : snack/dinner, bath and lotion (if needed), brush teeth, read a bed time story (same one every night for us, lol), singing a song or two (you are my sunshine and Tender Shepard), and then kisses and lights out.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i think it depends on the age too. 21 months...he gets bath, brush teeth, pj's, 2 books (same ones here every night too), and a last potty break, a kiss and bed. he falls alseep on his own, no bottle or rocking. he gets no drink 2 hours before bed so he stays dry all night.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 8:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• After dinner, we put away his toys in the living room and his bedroom (well, I do it, but once he's old enough he will start having to help me). Then PJ's, we read a bunch of books while he's finishing his milk, brush his teeth, and then I sing to him while laying him down, and after the songs are over I leave. Oh, and we live in a fairly urban neighborhood, so I have a little fan running beside his crib for white noise while he sleeps.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 8:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2010