God can't see sinners

If God can't look upon people who sin then why did God talk to Cain after he killed Abel?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 4:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• God loves sinners. He just can't stand sin.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 4:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I believe God does see all, so He would see "sinners", but I don't believe that the story of Adam/Eve/Cain/Abel represent literal people. I always liked the idea of Cain killing Abel as representing the advancement of society, the new ways of husbandry and agriculture overtaking the older nomadic hunter/gatherer kind of ways.... Others (like Karen Armstrong, if I remember my sources correctly) explain it better, than I can though... :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• (and I do believe He looks upon all His children with love, regardless of what they've done)
    bandgeek521

• He loves all his children regardless if they have sinned or not. Think about it...if your child murdered someone, would you stop loving them? Probably not, you don't have to like what they do but you still love them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Wait? I thought there wasn't anything God couldn't do...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Not that God can't, but that sin can't. Sin can't exist in God's perfection.
    rhanford

Comment by rhanford (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• "Sin can't exist in God's perfection. "

Then why did he make sinners? We are all supposed sinners from birth right? But god made us all, right? It seems like one big cluster ****. Your damned from birth of sin, and you can't exist with your god with sin, yet you are born a sinner.....DESPITE Jesus being sent to die for your sins, your STILL a sinner.
    Makes no sense.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• well, if your child broke all your favorite china, would you never talk to them again? everyone makes mistakes.
    if they say oh well it wasn't mine so who cares.
    if they truely say they are sorry and sinned against you, would you forgive them?
    thats what he was talking about.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• OP ... can you tell me where you got the notion that God cannot look upon sinners? A verse maybe?

Sabrina .... There are some things God cannot do. God cannot create other Gods; God cannot create sin; God cannot violate His character. God cannot lie. God cannot be unjust.

sahmamax2 ... God didn't create sinners. He created perfect human beings who are under the curse of sin as a result of Adam's disobedience. We are born into sin because of curse; not because God created us like that. Mankind IS damned from birth because of this curse, but it is IN SPITE of this that God sent Christ. Christ died to satisfy the payment for the sins of those who believe in Him. When a person becomes "saved" their soul is regenerated through the power of the Holy Spirit, but their body is still under the curse of sin, which is why Christians still sin. The difference between a Christian and non-Christian is that the Christian is forgiven.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Original sin is a curse?! Wasn't it god that placed the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the garden of eden? wasn't it he who placed the temptation to SIN in the first place? If sinning is a curse, doesn't this imply something more powerful than god himself?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2010