SIL- is 39 weeks and doctor says that she will have to be induced if she doesn't have it before next Wednesday!

Is there anything she can do to get labor started? I don't want her to be induced and she doesn't!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• She doesn't have to be induced if she doesn't want to. Tell her not to show up to the induction. The pregnancy police are not going to come and get her. It is very unsafe to try and induce labor by any means.
    momioftwinz

Answer by momioftwinz at 9:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• She has a choice about induction. No doctor can MAKE her go through an induction. The baby will get here when it is ready. I went to 42 weeks and 3 days with Ava (my first). I succumbed to my doctor constantly nagging me about induction and making me feel terrible about waiting. I was in labor for almost 40 hours and when Ava arrived her lungs were very week and she stayed in NICU for three days.. I ate healthy throughout my pregnancy, I don't EVER smoke or drink, I am into hollistics so I took all natural remedies instead of medication...I believe that Ava just wasn't prepared yet. I regret letting them induce me.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• weak*
    AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I have heard, as a matter of fact the other day a lady was tellin me to walk up a steep hill, I am 2 days over due as of today. But of course any kind of walking will help. But they always say that havin sex can help. When she goes to the dr they check her cervix to see how far she is dialated and effaced and my dr scraped the membranes to help them along (didnt hurt), So maybe that can help. Just dont go to the induction! Let the baby come on their own.
    Octmom789

Answer by Octmom789 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• walking, light swiming, having sex, bowling(not very hard though) excersice
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• the doctor told me the same thing with my first so I went to the mall and walked for a couple hours and then went home and took a hot bath. as soon as i dried off from the bath, my water broke! YAY! HE was a perfect little boy. tell her good luck!
    katimae

Answer by katimae at 1:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2008