when my boyfriend come home from work should i just leave him alone for a moment

he seems irritated when he come home

lonelylady216

Asked by lonelylady216 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I always gave DH a chance to change his clothes, wash his face, etc. Then we would talk about the day and visit. He sort of needed that time to unwind. It was hard for me after being home with the kids all day, but in the end it helped out a lot.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I'd say hello,how was your day type stuff,but don't start in on what bad stuff happened that day.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• time to relax after work is key
    men like their cave too if something is bothering them
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Smile and give him a big hug so he knows you are happy to see him. Then move away and let him get himself sorted out. You could offer him a cold drink if you like.

Answer by Bmat at 4:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Oh yeah give him his space but make sure you give him a kiss and ask him how his day went and if he says what can I do to make it better....Well... you are on your own there girl ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I said it wrong sorry I meant to say if he says his day went terrible then you offer him anything...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Hand him a beer and head outside for a half hour or so with the kids. It's called down time.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• if he has a job that puts a lot of mental stress on him i would suggest he find away to unwind between work and home. when i was in college i worked in a stressful job, and i would go for a run as soon as i was done for the day. that really melted away the stress. now my husband and i have pretty stress-free jobs so we're just excited to see each other at the end of the day, and what little bit of things we carry over from work, we get it out with each other so that by the time we get to our daughter's school we are fresh and ready to focus only on her.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 4:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• When my hubs gets home I usually give him a few minutes to himself to unwind, kick back and relax before talking to him. He seems to like having some 'down time' before going into husband/dad mode.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• sounds like a good idea. when he is not so irritable, talk to him and ask him if he would like some space when he gets home on a regular basis. my dh needed that when he had lots of traffic to contend with and i needed that when i had a really stressful job... it's really nice that you're aware enough and unselfish enough to ask the question. but it's good to just make sure he knows that you're ignoring him for his benefit instead of playing games - guys are weird.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2010