Jealousy!?!

You think I am going to ask about the big kids being jealous over the baby but, I am not.

School started on Monday so, the big kids (3 older) are gone. That is the problem. I have a 18 m/o daughter and then 8, 6, 5, 4 year olds and a 2 year old nephew with me all day. Before school started my 18 m/o got a ton of attention she was everyone's baby they took her on walks (I could see them) they played with her did everything she wanted. NOW, it is just me the 4 y/o, 2.5 y/o and the 18 m/o and if anyone comes near me the baby is screaming jealous, I was playing with my 4 y/o hair and the baby came over trying to push her sister out of the way so, I could hold her. I didn't allow it but, OMG she is driving me insane. I always here of older children being jealous of new babies but, I never heard of the baby being jealous of her older siblings. Not really looking for advice but, did anyone else's baby do that...

matthewscandi

Asked by matthewscandi at 4:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My ds is 2 and dd is 4 and once ds was able to walk he was so jealous of his sister. I couldn't even let her sit on my lap without him throwing a fit, I mean no doubt she still sat on my lap but it lasted for a couple months and then suddenly he quit. I mean he is going to be 3 in december and she will be 5 and sometimes they both still have there moments but its alot better now.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2010