My 5th grade son was hit in the face and bruised by another boy, the school is blowing it off as no big deal.

I've already talked to the Principal, my husband took our son to school today, to talk with him also. But today was not any better. The teacher was told about the problem and left them alone to go make copies, where the kid pushes my son and flips him off for telling on him. What should my next move be to the school? How much more can my son take before he fights back? I've already told him I was proud he showed self control and didn't fight.

toorandmom

Asked by toorandmom at 4:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Don't take it to the school, take it to the superintendent.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Talk to the Principal again. Tell him if he doesn't do anything about it then you'll go over his head.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• go higher...call the school board and complain about the princeable and the teacher...
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would be pissed and b1tching at them as to why something more isn't being done. And if it still goes on with no action then I'd take it to the school board.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would pull your son from that school. It doesn't sound as if he is safe.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 4:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Man Id hate that I am glad your son was a big boy about it but this boy CAN NOT be getting away with this. Iam sorry I wouldn't know what to do but want beat up that kid myself...lol
    can you call the cops and report it...IDK I wasn't any help. I pray yourson will get through this and soon that bullywill get what is coming to him. Hang in there! GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• well if the kid isnt going to back off maybe your son should stand up for himself.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• If the kid assaults your kid again, press charges. In the meantime, I would definately contact the Board and Superintendent (via letter so you have proof that you've addressed the issue with the school authorities). Keep a record of dates, times, and inappropriate interactions the kid had with your son. This way, you have ample documentation if you end up in court. I'm sorry your kiddo is being bullied. :`(
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• NO school should ignore bullying or any type of violence. I would go to the superintendent, the schools guidance counselor and possibly the school board. I would make sure that the principal would be in a LOT of trouble if it was my kid. In the mean time, I would speak with your sons teachers about not leaving the two of them alone together and make sure you mean business!

Good luck!

BostonBree

Answer by BostonBree at 5:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• First, let me say its not right what is happening to your son. He IS being victimized by the kid, teacher and principal. With that said, what does your son say about it? Does he want you to take it further? He will be the one to pay for you taking further. He could conceivably be more victimized by those same people if you do more. Talk to him. Maybe Momy2Gabrielle is right and he needs a new school. I'm sorry your son is having a rough go of it, my nephew went thru this too but with a group of boys.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2010