If Im just wanting to loose weight and not build muscle....

Do I get a work out video thats soley cardio? Cardio is tough but are there any work out videos that you can recommend that doesnt require equipment?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I really like Billy Blanks. Pilates and yoga don't require equipment.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 4:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Pilates will tone and not build muscle.

Also check out your BMR to find out how many calories you need to eat to run your body and still lose weight based upon your activity level.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• hula hoop! GREAT cardio workout. I make my own hoops so i can control how big and heavy they are. I put on some upbeat music, pretend i'm at some fun music festival and go to town. I dance around and hoop, I do some bellydancing and hoop, I hoop around my arms, legs, knees, hips, belly and neck, I do some tricks. 30 minutes a day and you will see results. I have seen great results in my arms, calves and my belly is a lot more toned than it was a few months ago. When I say toned I dont mean muscle woman lol. But I look trim. I am very curvy so this is a great exercise to keep the curves and burn the fat.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• http://workouts.self.com/ Try this it let you build up your own exercise. But Pilates and yoga are good to.
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 5:04 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I like Chalene Johson's Turbo Jam workouts .. the newest one is Turbo Fire ! Great workouts without the bulk.

The hoola hoop is a great idea also, and dancing.

These are available through Beachbody.
    www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 11:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Even though you're not interested in building muscle, I would encourage you to do a balanced workout of cardio and strength training. Having muscle on your body will help you burn your fat while your just sitting around watching tv!  You don't have to spend a lot of time on it, either. Just do some sit-ups, push ups, and get a couple of heavy objects to lift for bicep curls and tricep curls. The internet is a wonderful place to search for specific exercises you can do. Here's an article that explains why strength training is a good idea if you want to lost weight. http://www.healthy-living-for-moms.com/strength-training-burns-fat.html

HealthyMom62

Answer by HealthyMom62 at 8:39 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• the best wait i did which was 10 pounds was add 5 g of fiber to my diet and walk a half hour a day
    CiaraD

Answer by CiaraD at 1:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2010