Which insurance company have good/bad rates, coverages, service

if you had to refer one who will it be and who do you suggest to stay away from

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Shopping

• We have insurance with various companies, it is the agents that make or break the company. Our agent is amazing, the office has all of our policies (home, auto, marine, snowmobiles) and any time we have a question they answer it in a timely manner.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 4:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think the company with the best rates is going to vary based on where you live, and, for car insurance, your driving record. I have had State Farm for years, and I have been very happy with their customer service. We have both car and homeowners insurance with them. Their rates may not be the cheapest, but they have always been competitive when I checked. I'm in Texas, if that helps.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• It depends on a lot of variables. Your driving history, the driving history of the people you share your whome with, your credit report, the type of coverage you want, and also your age. Just because a compnay has lowest rate for one demographic, doesn't mean it will be the best rate for another demographic. I personally prefer having a local agent, but that might not be important to you.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• It all depends on what all you want
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 5:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Are we talking about care insurance, health insurance, dental insurance...??
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i'm so glad that you ladies knew that i was talking car insurance, sorry i left that out
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 12:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• So much depends on your circumstances and coverages you are seeking - the best is to get competitive quotes.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Get competitive quotes based on your driving record, car, etc. It's different for everyone. Just make sure you're comparing apples to apples. As far as service, I'd avoid the big brokers that cover multiple agents - I got stuck with a no-name company and when we had an accident NO ONE wanted to help us. I have Progressive now and I REALLY liked them until I got hit in a parking lot a few years ago. Progressive wanted to total my baby (deliberately UNDERVALUED my car and INFLATED the cost of the repairs). Every body shop I went to said, "They want to total it for THAT???"
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i have state farm never had any probs with them
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Among the TX auto insurance companies I’ve found The Hartford to be really good on service. They have handled my home and car insurance claims well. They are not really the lowest on rates, but the quality of service more than makes up for it. The way I see it, if my claim was handled fairly and on time, that actually comes out to be cheaper for me in the long run than a “low-priced” insurance policy from a company that finds every reason in the book to avoid paying out claims when I really need them.

racheal.poston

Answer by racheal.poston at 9:17 AM on Sep. 20, 2010