IF you do/have worked for The Goddard School/Tutor Time/ETC....

..... Do any of those places offer employees a discount or free tuition for their children to attend? I am going to apply to some early childhood centers, but none of the websites give info on employee's children attending, under their employment pages. I was just curious if anyone who works for an early childhood center could shed some light on this subject. THANKS.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't work at any of the ones that you have named but I have worked at a few daycares and they typically give a 50% discount. Some have restrictions such as you have to work there for 6 months before you can get the discount. I am currently a director at a local daycare and when my son comes with me, the owner charges me 35% of my pay, which is about a $5-10 discount a week and I am the ONLY employee allowed to bring my child. So, it really just depends. Just a warning though, with the Goddard school/Tutor time, etc, they typically are wanting employees who have at least an Associate degree if not a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood education. If you don't have this qualification then you may want to stick with a locally owned or new daycare in your area.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2010