"Buy Nothing Day" Will you participate? November 27/28

I am!!! Luckily this is not on November 26 when I do the majority of my Christmas shopping but this has got me thinking about the "Buy Nothing Christmas." I love the idea and am usually a woman who can sacrifice for what I think is right but I think it will be sooooo hard to buy NOTHING for Christmas. I have to admit, I love all of the Xmas hype.
Any one else wanna join me on November 27? Spread the word!

https://www.adbusters.org/campaigns/bnd

jenellemarie

Asked by jenellemarie at 5:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• They really want the economy to crash?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• If I remember I will participate. Just one day, right?
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 5:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• that wont crash the economy.....it will actually boost it. it could potentially bring prices down. its a good strategy but there are never enough people willing to participate to make a difference.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Uh no hun i'll pass lol..our economy is lousy enough
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• it depeds..if i'm at home sitting on my ass of course i will participate.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• See I just have a hard time buying into the whole "all or nothing" philosophies. Instead what we did, was send out cards at the first of November with our early holiday family picture in it with a little note asking family and friends not to purchase for us because we would not be purchasing or exchanging with anyone other than our kids this year. Worked really well, and several other families joined us in this and sent out their own letters.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I don't know. If I am out and about, I will buy stuff. I am not into that whole black friday weekend if that is what it is. I hate it anyway.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Sorry I hit enter too soon. I love shopping for my kids on thanksgiving weekend. I'm not giving up that tradition, even though I am a miser now. =P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• And this would accomplish what exactly? Capitalism isn't evil!!! . If I can manage it, I will save my shopping for those days and do as much as I can to spend. That is seriously the dumbest thing I've ever heard...no wait, socialism is the dumbest thing I ever heard...but that's just my opinion, I'm not mad if you disagree!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 5:29 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Nope. I won't participate. I will take any chance I get to shop alone and this is one time I can depend on DH to be here and not working so that I can get things done without the kids. If I have an opportunity and I feel like going out, I will go shopping. If I would rather spend time with the kids and DH, we will go do something as a family.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2010