I asked my son's teacher a question and she didn't respond

I sent a test back, the teacher marked spelling words wrong that were not misspelled. So I wrote on the paper asking why these were wrong. The paper makes it to school, the teacher tells my son not to bring papers back she doesn't want them. She didn't take the time to read the question on it. What is this about?

toorandmom

Asked by toorandmom at 5:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would call her and ask how does she want you to address these concerns in the future. Give her the benefit of the doubt until you discuss with her.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Email her. Almost every school has a website with the teachers email addresses on it now. That way you know it will get to her. Just out of curiousity... what were the spelling words?
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would either call the teacher, and or call the principal and ask for a conference meeting. That is not acceptable.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 5:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would be calling the school to talk to her.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• maybe she expects them to write neatly..does he write sloppy? She couldve given him an x for sloppy handwritting
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Try asking your son. It's possible that he wrote the wrong form of a word or that his handwriting was generally illegible or that they were marked wrong for some other reason such as not following directions.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 5:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• bump I'd like to know as well.

sheli2007

Answer by sheli2007 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would email or call, or even show up at the school with the paper in hand & talk to her that way. Maybe your son didn't tell her that you had written something on the paper, or ect..... Maybe she just didn't notice.

You have to remember back to school isn't just crazy for the parents & kids, its also crazy for the school & the teachers... Call her or email her. & If she still doesn't answer go face to face.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 5:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would def. be looking to contact her in some way... if you have e-mail for her, good idea, if you have phone number, call, if none, principal...
    SusieQue717

Answer by SusieQue717 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would speak with the teacher directly about the paper and clarify how she would like you to communicate with her since its obvious she doesn't want more papers back. if she gives you a hard time then speak to the principal.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 5:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010