How do you know when you're in true love?

I thought I was in love with my ex husband in fact when I married him I did love him but I want the kind that lasts and lasts. How do you know when you've found that? I'm very skeptical about love and what it means to truly love someone. Any ideas would be great.

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• Well, I think being "in love" and "loving" some one is totally different! To me you can love someone and not be "in love" w/ them.. For me, being "in love" w/ my hubby is feeling what he feels. If he is sick, I'm sick. If he hurts, I hurt. Same goes for me.. If I hurt, he hurts.. We have like a psychic connection! It is something YOU have to feel for YOURSELF. And it has to be returned or it can't be true love ("in love") JMO..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 10:04 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I agree with the first post as far as the in love and loving someone. Like I love my kids, but I am not in love with them. I am in love with my husband. For me it was instantanious. I fell for my hubby right away. He came along at a time I was not interested in men because I thought something was wrong wih me. I thought I couldnt love a man (I was skeptical too) I Couldnt stop thinking about him and still cant even now that we are married have 2 kids and another on the way. I get tingles thinking about him. I still get butterflies when I see him. He makes me feel like I am the only woman in the entire world. I think the love we have for each other is so strong and no matter what I know we will always love each other! When you know, you know!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i thought i was in love with my ex hubby i did love him i still feel like i love him but dont want him.. i LOVE my kids i will never stop loving them and im totally in love with my fiance when we first met there was something more then just physical attraction i felt tottaly open to him i could talk about anything i never felt like he was judging me within a month after seeing him i knew i was falling for him then one night he blurts out that he was falling for me hes the first guy that has said it first i have kids from my ex that he addores and we have a 3 wk old dd that he cant get enough of i know that me & him will be together for a long time .. its been 2 years and we have never had a fight and thats great IMO

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2008