Pregancy and school.

So I've been in school for 2 weeks but I think I might drop out and go back after the baby is born. I can't get anything done in school because I am always either throwing up or in pain. The desk presses on my belly button and it hurts. My head always hurts so reading sucks. Home work sucks because all I want to do is go to bed after school wake up eat and go back to bed. When I'm sleeping I'm not sick or hurting. I'm afraid if I drop out I won't go back but me being in school isn't doing much good either. After 2nd period I'm done with the sitting in one position my head is splitting and every time I have to pee I want to cry and I've thrown up at least once. Should I wait and do school after I have the baby?

ClaireWithChild

Asked by ClaireWithChild at 5:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• from the sound of your post, I'm assuming high school since you said "2nd period"

stay in school! or see if you can switch to K-12 it's the online school system. www.k12.com
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• This is my 3rd baby but 2nd pregnancy during college classes, and I opt for online courses. It makes it easier to manage. I take it through a local state college. I would look into that before you drop out because it could greatly mess up your financial aid if you have it.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Oh geese, I didn't even see that!! In Florida they have an online school for K-12, see if your state provides that for you/
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yeah I'm in high school. It's my senior year. Which sucks because lets face it Fall Ball in a maternity dress is not going to be cute.
    ClaireWithChild

Comment by ClaireWithChild (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I had my first child the day before senior year started.
    yeah, chemistry first period junior year was "great" UGH! worst class to have with morning sickness.
    I didn't get a big belly though, no one knew I was pregnant, just wore baggy tshirts.
    the principal did try to get me to quit, apparently they didn't want a pregnant teen at their school but I saw no point in quitting since I was a straight As honor student.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 5:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• The danger of dropping out is that you might not go back. I'd stick; you have FAR more to gain if you do. DOnt worry about the social stuff. Just get your academics in order. It will benefit you no end.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I had started college but stopped at 21 to follow my hubby and take care of my babies. I was 24 and had two kids and I kept telling myself I will go back to school....I will, I will. But I didn't go back until I was 27 almost 28 and pregnant with my third. The only reason why I went then was because my mom kicked my butt and dragged me into the school because I kept telling myself I wasn't ready. I had my third baby in the middle of the term and I haven't stopped yet. I want and need to finish school for my kids, so don't quit. It's so easy to say you will go back, but even easier to not return. It took me about 7 years to step back into the classroom and I'm so happy I did. It's rough I know but in the end you will be happy you kept going.
    armywife81803

Answer by armywife81803 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Try to stay in school unless if your doctor puts u on bed rest
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Get through school. I was preggers my senior year. I pressed on and got my diploma. I don't regret it for one moment. Most girls who quit school due to being pregnant tend to not go back at all, using the baby as the new excuse. Get through school. I know you can do it.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 7:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2010