how can i keep my one month old son up

i just had my son on august 31 and my sleep has been off evertime i try to hold him he cry he just want to lay downand sleep all day and i fell bad cuz i want to hold play and talk to him

milla1981

Asked by milla1981 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let him sleep!!! Newborns sleep up to 20 hours a day sometimes. It is a vital part of their development.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I would hold, and talk to Ava WHILE she slept. As for YOU losing sleep, welcome to parenthood!! lol

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I put Jesse in a bouncy chair and he would stay up longer and look around... I would try that... I hear ya i always wanted him up... A swing just put him asleep, i know that he was supposed to sleep all the time but i waited for ever for him to come out, it was no time to sleep... LOL Try the bouncy chair...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Let him sleep. He needs it. Babies sleep most of their days up until 4 months and sometimes older. You have to wait until he is ready to be up more. If you take too much sleep away from him he can get really sick because he does really need his sleep. Maybe you should not be so selfish and only think of what you want. Think of your little boys health as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• You just need to let him work through it and sleep when HE needs to. Unfortunately, it's just par for the course in motherhood. He's a newborn and needs to be on his schedule. His little body knows when he needs sleeps!
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Don't keep him up... Why would you want to deny him his sleep... Lay down with him if you are tired. Play with him while he's awake... on his scedule... not yours!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:32 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• def let him sleep! Our sonw as teh same way and he would sleep so much I was worried at first. But the doctor says it normal. Sometimes babies just need their own time to sleep and play even thought most people think you have to constantly entertain a baby. Eventually he will start to get in a better sleep pattern and not sleep as much and you will have pleanty of time to play with him!
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 10:56 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I was trying to keep my daughter up during the day so that she'd sleep better at night, but I have withdrawn from that. Babies know what's best for them. They will only eat until they are full and they will sleep when they need to. If you keep him awake then when it is time for bed they will be to OVER tired. Let him sleep on your cheast if u want the closeness. And enjoy the moments he is awake. They will come more and more often!
    KortanasMommy

Answer by KortanasMommy at 7:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2008