I need to get on something for ADD. I don't have insurance what can I do?

Does anyone know any resourses. This is really hard for me. The busier I'm getting the more mistakes I'm making. I'm getting confused. I've already been diagnosed. I know whats wrong. I just need it to change.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Health

• Up the protein in your diet, cut out red die #40, cut out almost all sugar, and drink coffee. I know that the last one sounds odd, but if you are ADD caffeine will calm you down. Also there is something called Calm Child that you can buy in health food stores or order it online that works wonders. You can put lavender on your sheets too. It helps to calm the mind at bed time.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• county health should be able to tell you. most places have free resources
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Check out websites online that offer natural supplements and suggestions such as elly25 gave you. There is a ton of info. out there and you do not have to rely on drugs. Believe me, I have 3 children with ADHD and none of them take any kind of medication. That road was a nightmare for us. You can take a class that teaches you better time management, as well as giving you tips to get and stay better organized. That way you will not feel so overwhelmed. I have several friends who have ADD and they say being organized and sticking to a schedule really helps them stay on top of things. And yes, coffee works great. Just drink organic and only use stevia or blue agave for a sweetner , as well as an organic creamer. (unless you drink it black, that is!) :)
    sarchasmic_1

Answer by sarchasmic_1 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Many people diagnosed with ADD are misdiagnosed - many are actually suffering from acute allergic reactions to environmental agents - you might find relief by switching to cleaning and personal care brands that do not use chemicals like phenol and formaldehyde. I have found safe products that work great and are less expensive than store and national brands. If you would like more info I would be happy to provide it - hope you find the help that you need.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Nope, I am definitly ADD, so is my father and my oldest child. I have been diagnosed more than once. I have actually participated in studies.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Cut out caffeine, excess sugars, HFCS, ALL artificial dyes & flavors and reduce the amount of processed foods that you eat. Get tested for food sensitivities by an allergist. Ask for a food panel rast test for IgG.

Feingold.org is a good resource for diet information.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2010