Birthday party woe or rant depends on how you look at it...

Is it just me or is it wrong to invite other people to a birthday party that you were invited to but not the one that planned it or are paying for it? My mother maybe grandma but I personally think she is way out of line and have already told her this. My daughter's birthday party is a chuck e cheese because that is what she wanted. I invited my daughters aunts and uncles that are from 22-2 years old and friends with kids that she used to play with before we moved to nebraska last month. What annoys me is that my mother told me the other day that she invited friends of hers and family that haven't had any part in my daughters life at all. The messed up part is that she says that everyone can pay a little bit to help cover the costs. I got a part time job so that i could cover the cost of her birthday for who i invited. I hate being invited somewhere and being abushed with paying. Just curious what everyone elses opinion is...

justduckie_mom

Asked by justduckie_mom at 6:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If your mom is inviting people, tell her she's expected to pay that portion in full, or she can un-invite them.

If she wants to throw a separate party for your daughter, she can do that and invite whom ever she wants. But it's TACKY as fuck to ask everyone to pitch in to pay for uninvited guests.

Be sure to tell her this is a simple birthday party at Chuck-e-Cheese... it's not some frat house kegger that you invite everyone and their dog to.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 6:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• that was way rude! I'd have told them its X amount to get in,so.......see ya in there! Make sure ya grab yourself lunch folks cause the birthday party is already taken care of!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• fwiw, even if the cost isn't the issue, there are space limits to the number of people that fit in the designated birthday areas at a place like that. You might want to double check you're not over the head count if they do come. (might also be a decent excuse to use to get her to un-invite)
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 6:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Totally wrong. You can't ask guests to pay! Tell your mother she has to pay, she invited them. You only need to pay for the kids and it's around $14 per kid I think.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Super rude.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 7:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• thanks guys i just wanted to make sure i wasn't over reacting.
    justduckie_mom

Comment by justduckie_mom (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2010