Charge for babysitting

So I'm going to start watching a friends 1 year old after Labor day. It'll be him and then I'll have my almost 2 yr old. But I will only have him 2 days a week, 8-3 and 8-5. They offered to pay me and I have NO clue what to charge. I dont wanna over do it of course. So what do you guys think is reasonable?? Oh and I'm watching him while she goes to school. Her DH has a pretty decent job tho. (Not saying I wanna stick it to them, just mean they can afford to pay for a babysitter, but prob not a daycare).

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you are making all the meals as well. I'd say maybe $100 a month or $150 a month. If that.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• check out what people charge in your area at www.care.com You search by zipcode and you will see those who provide childcare and those looking for childcare. You will see hourly rates posted. good luck
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I paid $20 a day (8.5-9 hrs) for a neighbor to watch Carson. So maybe $35? More if you have to use your gas or provide a measurable amount of food.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010