HI i am looking for ways to ween my daughter off of breatfeeding any ideas please share

this is the first child that i have breastfead she is now one years old and is starting to just lift my shirt anyware need help please give me any ideas or suggestions it would be a great big help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol at the visual, im sorry, my son did the same thing. hell yeah it's embarassing but it's something you can look back on laugh with your friends about because they've probably all been there too!!! i swear he knew how to unhook my bra at 3 months! it's a dual effort. you gotta get her to look at a bottle or sippy but you won't be the one to do it. she's gonna look at you like you're crazy!!! have some one else try to slip it to you, even it's milk mixed with BM so she doesn't look at them ccrazy as well. i pray you nor i get bashed beacuse you're wanting to stop at 1; but whatever you do don't do it col turkey, it'll take some time to get her insterested in weaning AND outta the habit kwim?
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• If she's a year, You can start to give her some cereal and baby food. If she has teeth give her some soft table food.
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Put something that she doesn't like or an overwhelming taste like (onion juice or grapefruit juice )on your nipples. I weaned 2 ouf 3 of my kids this way. One child got dill pickle juice, one got grapefruit juice. Some may say this will make them not like the given flavor later, but my son who was weaned on dill pickle juice now likes it just fine. The child may just suck it off make a face and tough it out, but keep applying. My son learned that "nan" got rotten and after about a week gave it up. My third child had to give it up cold turkey because I was in the hospital for an infection, and he had a lot harder time adjusting to the new idea of no "nan".
    nkymomof3

Answer by nkymomof3 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• omg thanx 4 the advice ! I'm havin same problem w my 13month old daughter she refuses sippy cups and bottles. durin the night she wakes up liftin up my top lol.. omg kids r soo crazy! =p
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I'm there with you when people bash you for nursing for so long, but it is actually recomended that you do it for the 1st 12 months. I am having trouble weaning my 1yr old and just asked about weaning and got an OMG you should have stopped already. Good luck and the answers you got were very helpful.
    JordynnsMom

Answer by JordynnsMom at 12:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2008