Why do you love Palin?

I am supporting Obama for president, but I am curious about the reasons for supporting the other ticket. If you think Sarah Palin is great for VP, what are your reasons? Is it just because she shares your religious views and wants to make US laws match, or are there other reasons?

yarnjunkie

Asked by yarnjunkie at 10:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Even though we do share some religious views, that really has nothing to do with my reason for supporting her. I agree with her on abortion but don't think row v wade will ever be overturned. Or do i care really. I am not having any abortions and that is all that matters to me and my religious beliefs. I think she would be good for the country. She is a washington outsider. She has done some good things for her state and I think this country needs a change. One that dosen't include the same ol same ol senators that have both said and done things they say they will be against as president.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I like her because she stood up for her family and had her brother in law fired. if your family is in power and won't help u who will?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Contrary to what so many liberals spew, Sarah Palin is not stupid. She is a resourceful woman who saw things she wanted to change in her community and set out to make them happen. She worked her way up the ranks in her hometown fairly, and as her popularity grew and she learned through her experiences, she continued to pursue bigger things. I have a lot of respect for what she's done, and YES, I did know who she was prior to the announcement of her candidacy. I do appreciate her conservative values, as well as the strength & grace she demonstrates. She understands how to address all people respectfully and carries herself well in difficult interviews. There are plenty of other reasons I like her, but not enough room her to explain them all.
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• She is NOT qualified! Period...end of discussion!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• "She understands how to address all people respectfully"
    by winking in a debate?

"and carries herself well in difficult interviews"
    this is the overstatement of the year. and big joke. after every interview the mccain campaign has to issue a statement correcting and/or defending her. and he even has to go with her to hold her hands and explain things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• agree with KDW211, she is what's best for this country!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• She started at the PTA worked her way through the ranks. She flew coach so she didn't waste taxpayers dollars. I want her to do for this country what she did for Alaska. I believe she is the only person in this race, McCain included, who TRULY has the citizens of this country's best interests at heart! THAT is why I respect (love is too strong) Sarah Palin!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I love Sarah Palin's family values. How she could have a special needs child at home and choose to go immediately back to work instead of bonding with a child that will take longer to form bonds. I love how she wants to teach abstinence only sex-ed in schools although she hasn't had the time to teach her own 17 year old daughter these values. I love how she wants to take away my female rights. I also love how she says nuclear and talks like she is on the middle class level when in reality she is nothing like us.
    This is why I love Sarah Palin.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:56 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• njmommy2boys
    I love how you stuck to the question. @@

Oh, and by the way- she had a nursery built in her office so that she COULD have her baby at work with her. She even signed a bill with her baby in a sling. Get your facts straight.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• njmommy2boys I couldn't agree more! That's exactly what I love about her too :)
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 11:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2008