Really 3 cm Dialated and 80% Effaced???? 2 days over due date!

My fiancee and I went to the dr, one day before my due date so Oct 6th. But before we did me and him had sex and I was wondering if that could effect what the dr said in any way. She told me that I was 80% effaced and dialated 3 cms. Could this be only because of us havin sex or ???
Please help I am 2 days over and have not lost my mucus plug or had any contractions, Well none steady they just come whenever they want, and they dont hurt and its only 1 - 3 a day!

Octmom789

Asked by Octmom789 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i dont know about the sex thing i dont think so ...but try walking that can start labor ..try a hill..lol thats what i did when iwas a week over ..GL
    adrianne86

Answer by adrianne86 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• yeah i agree with walking. i was walking when i went into labor and just like you felt nothing beforehand! but i wasn't overdue, my baby came on his due date! good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• nope, the sex thing will only help it... as long as your SO finishes inside you. has something to do with his swimmers and the cervix. did the dr. tell you that you havent lost your plug? because sometimes women lose theirs and dont know. I didnt have stead contractions until about 10hrs before i had my son. i ate really spicy foods, walked A LOT, had sex, and the next day i had my little man. =) GL
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:41 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• You'll get there trust me. I was 2 weeks overdue with my last one.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Well everyones due date is just an estimated date. Your due date should around the day they give u or even the week later. I was due on nov. 1st and didn;'t have him till the 5th. That was in 2002.
    Anonymous