what do your bedtime routine usually consist of?

My dd's bed time routine usually starts at 7:30 pm.
My dd and i will watch cartoons for 1/2 hr cuddling to calm her down,
Then i get her to shut off the tv at 8 pm.
Daddy and i go in and tuck her in bed,and give her her sippy of milk, daddy kisses her goodnight; then i get the book called "Nighty night" and ready it to her. Then i kiss her and say night night, mommy loves you. Mommy will see you in the morning when you wake up!
She is 21 months old and she sleeps right threw the night!

What do your (kids) bedtime routine consist of?

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 6:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter is 3 and we start her bath at 7:30, get pjs on, brush teeth and hair, give hugs and by then it is about 8:15 and we read in her bed until about 8:30. We say her prayers then give hugs and kisses to me and lights out.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 6:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• 8:30 bath,grab whatever he wants to sleep with,kiss,goodnight,snore! He's 9

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• ours is pretty simple its bath get dress i let them run around for few minutes then we go to the bedroom i give my youngest her paci and cover her up then my oldest gets in bed with a stuffy i cover her up give kisses to both and say nite nite i love you and turn out the light and close the door .
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• For my son (almost 3) He takes a bath for about 30 minutes.
    Then we have a snack (oatmeal and milk, or apple with peanut butter and a cup of milk)
    then we read some of one of his books (we are currently reading Toys Go Out.)
    Then I lay with him and he falls right asleep...like with in 3 minutes

Oh and He goes to bed around 7pm and sleeps all night til 7am or later!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 6:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• At about 8, I get her toothbrush ready and tell her it's time to brush her teeth. I help her brush, then she goes straight into her room and picks out what book she wants me to read to her, then I tuck her in, read, give her hugs and kisses. Then grandpa comes in, reads her a little story, gives hugs and kisses and sends Grandma in. Grandma sings her a couple songs, gives hugs and kisses and then sends in Daddy. Daddy switches on the black light, lets the glow-in-the-dark stars charge up, then helps her do her counting with the stars before giving her hugs and kisses and helping her cuddle back down. She's usually down for the count within ten minutes of Daddy leaving the room.

That's the one thing that I'm gonna be sad about when we move out into our own house soon!
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 6:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• At 9:00 I change their diapers, get them their bottle/sippy cup, put them in their beds, cover them up, give them their bottle/sippy cup, and tell them "Goodnight, Mommy and Daddy love you." Lights go out and that's about it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• We have quiet time after dinner, then baths and pjs, a story, and bed.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 7:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My son is 21 months - we put on his pajamas, brush his teeth, read 2 books, sing a song then put him in bed. He's been sleeping through the night since he was 2 months old.

Answer by missanc at 8:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010