how to get over the fear?

So today I finally got my period 7 weeks after my natural miscarriage, My husband & I are happy because my doctor told us that we can start ttc after my first period, like I said I'm excited but yet scared, my husband & I want a baby so bad but I'm scared to have another miscarriage. My husband is so supportive & is always telling me to not think like that that our next pregnancy is going to be healthy & he will be there with me through whatever happens to think positive he even jokes with me & says "Hey we might get triplets now" lol he's silly. I'm trying my best to think positive but that fear of another miscarriage is still there, how do I get over that?

VanillaBlondie8

Asked by VanillaBlondie8 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You just have to take it day by day and week by week. I had 1 miscarriage that was very early. When I did get pregnant again I was a wreck for the first 2 months. I had to keep it together for the sake of the children I already had, which did help. The other thing that helped was that my midwife was ultrasound happy. I had a quick one at 6, 8 and 13 weeks.

I wish you lots of baby dust and a health 9 months!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• you never get over the fear. even when you are not ttc..the awful sight of having a natural miscarriage (i did too) will stick in your mind every time you go to the bathroom and wipe. it does with me anyways..
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i did "get over it" but the fear is hard to overcome
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• it has been hard for me cause everytime I think I have overcome the fear I have another miscarriage. I happen to be miscarriage prone apparantly. I've had 6 miscarriages. and 2 healthy children. but I agree with Balagan_imma on the whole you live day by day week by week. that is the only way! live in the present. Fear only makes it worse. and can cause completely normal pregnancies to not be enjoyed as they could be....
    mamaemmot

Answer by mamaemmot at 7:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• honestly for me I dont think I ever got over the whole fear thing. I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy. since then I have given birth to my daughter and I am now 33 weeks along with my second daughter. I am still constantly worrying about something going wrong. With that being said you have to remember that it is normal to worry about these things during pregnancy. Everyone handles a miscarriage in different ways and this is just how I deal with it. Im not one of those people that can simply not think about it, I sure do wish I was though!!!! So I guess the point of my rambling is that you're not alone in your fear, and theres nothing wrong with being worried. just have faith that every pregnancy is different and one miscarriage does not mean that you will have another!!! So keep your chin up!! and good luck on TTC!!!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 8:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• You dont.. You just have to accept it and move on if you want that baby..
    My first pregnancy was twin girls, my second pregnancy a m/c at 7wks, my third pregnancy I freaked out about everything the first 12wks until I thought things were safe again.. I had my third child at 39wks, My fourth pregnancy I once again freaked out for the first 12wks (had an u/s at 12wks and baby looked great) I relaxed and sadly at 14wks5days I lost that one too. My fifth pregnancy of course I was a mess!! at 5wks I started spotting and turned out I had a subchorionic hemorrhage and was given a 50% chance of the pregnancy being sucessful. My fourth child was born at 40wks3days!
    So a m/c doesnt mean you cant carry a baby your next time and you never do get over it (at least I didnt) you just have to work through it- and your DH being supportive is wonderful!

Good Luck!!
    mommyto4rugrats

Answer by mommyto4rugrats at 12:43 AM on Aug. 25, 2010