WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!

My daughter is 2 months old, and it's happened 4 times that she will be sleeping, then she will wake up a little bit (start sucking on her hand) and then all the sudden her arms are stretched out straight as well as her legs (like and "X"), her face is beat red, and she looks like she is TERRIFIED! Believe me, if any mother saw this look on their babies face, they would cry. I did. She also makes this noise: "HUHH HUHH" but she's not crying. But as soon as I pick her up, she blinks a few times, and she's perfectly fine. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!

SRSalazar

Asked by SRSalazar at 10:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's just a startle reflex. She has moved herself or heard a noise. Have you tried swaddling her? but at two months she is almost too old for traditional swaddling. When you lay her down tuck the blanket in good around her.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Never be afraid to go to the dr. You know your baby more than anyone else. I had my son home for 4 days and then he started having seizures. My in-laws insisted he was gassy. I'm glad I ignored them and took him to the hospital. he spent 4 days in the hospital and was on Phenobarbitol until he was 4 months old. now he is a perfectly normal and happy baby. I shudder to think of what would've happened if I listened to anyone else.

gina6

Answer by gina6 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2008