My 3 year old daughter is screaming when she goes pee (she is potty trained)...she says it hurts... What should i do?

I looked at her and she is really red down there...i gave her a bath..but she is still saying she hurts. She was fine yesterday...

mom2girliegirls

Asked by mom2girliegirls at 10:28 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Bring her to the doctor ASAP. She probably has an infection.
    Jeneral

Answer by Jeneral at 10:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• take her to the doctor, she probably has a UTI.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Do you really need to ask? Take her to the dr! My goodness!
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 10:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Oh she has a UTI or YEAST infection my daughter had a UTI at 6 months I had taken her in cause she was so fussy and they kept sending us home saying she is just teething but everytime I took her diaper off she screamed then peed so I took her back and demanded a UTI testing to be done and sure enough she had a UTI and then after her antibiotics caught a yeast infection so definetley get your daughter to the Dr.
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My daughter was 14mth old when she got a UTI, 1st ER I went to said it was a virus and sent us home without testing. We took her the am to shildren’s b/c she had a 104 temp and convulsions. They did a blood test & straight cathed her and sure enough she had a raging UTI. B/c she was little they also did an ultra-sound & a test called a VCUG...this is all how we come to find out she only has 1 kidney,born that way This is a list I got from the doc, & while it all may not apply to your DD it might give you an idea of things to look for... Symptoms may include: • Fever, especially without other signs of infections ie.cough or runny nose. • Frequent or infrequent urination. • Strong or foul-smelling urine. • Dark or blood-streaked urine. • Lack of interest or refusing food. • Diarrhea. • Vomiting. • Squirming and irritability. • Diaper rash that doesn't go away. All in all, I'd call the doc right away
    misericordia03

Answer by misericordia03 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• she most likeyly has a uti or bladder infection go to the dr to have her urine tested. if shes wiping herself she may have got some bacteria in the wrong spot. introduce wet wipes after each potty visit if you havent already.
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 11:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• she may have a bladder infection - if a child "holds it" until the very last minute on a regular basis this can cause trouble - see a doc for the appropriate diagnosis and cure
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• ummm take her to the DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Yeah get to the doc. It is most likely an infection of some sort. Poor little lady.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:30 AM on Oct. 10, 2008