I know this sounds gross but...

I have two cats, I've had them for about a year now and have not had a problem with them. My husband got up this morning and went in my daughters (10) room and saw that one of them had went to the bathroom (number 2)on the sleeping bag that was laying on the floor. Why would it do this? The litter box is clean and they don't appear to be sick or anything. What would make one of them do this? My husbands anwser is to get rid of the cats, which has the kids crying. I'm not sure what to do.

shoegal

Asked by shoegal at 10:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Pets

• Cats can have something wrong and not show other signs of it, or they can be doing it for attention. My siamese will go on anything laying on the floor if the litter box is not clean or alot of stuff is laying around, and she did have a problem and ended up being she had kidney stones. So alot can play into the factors of why a cat would do that. Good luck
    curtisdmom

Answer by curtisdmom at 11:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Are your cats fixed? Even though they might not appear to be sick, they still could be. Cats often won't use the litter pan if they're sick because their urine smells different and they don't like it. I would just be sure to have things picked up that might attract the cats. If it continues to happen, then I'd definately take them to the vet to be sure they didn't have a UTI or bladder infection.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• has this sleeping bag been used outdoors??? it could have the smell of something from outside that it now is trying to mark as it's territory... best bet is to wash wash wash and use a pet odor elimating spray or febreeze afterwards and that should help.. if not then maybe the cat could be getting sick and just not yet showing signs
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 12:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Keep the cat!! I'm not sure about him. oops.
    nineteen

Answer by nineteen at 5:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I'm with nineteen !!
    Mel

Answer by Mel at 5:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• hAVE YOU BEEN AWAY FROM HOME MORE THAN NORMAL? hAS SOMETHING CHANGED IN YOURDAILY ROUTINE? hAS THE PLACE YOU HAVE THE LITTER BOX BEEN CHANGED? THINK ABOUT ANYTHING THAT MAY HAVE CHANGED THAT REFLECTS ON THEM EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY. CATS DO NOT DEAL WELL WITH CHANGE. SINCE THEY CAN'T TALK, THEY CHOOSE TO DO THE ONE THING THEY KNOW WILL GET THEIR OWNERS ATTENTION. IF THE ABOVE ISN'T RESPONSIBLE, I WOULD DERFINATELY TAKE THEM TO THE VET.wHILE YOU ARE AT IT YOU MAY WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT IS UP YOUR HUBBY'S BACK SIDE THAT HAS MADE HIM SO DISAGREEABLE. (SORRY)
    KATHIE
    sugarbritches57

Answer by sugarbritches57 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• there must have been an unfamiliar sent on the sleeping bag.Just like lady #2 said.
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• it could be a terroritry thing
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Cats can go there whole entire life with an illness and NEVER show any signs of it... also they could feel smothered if they share a litter box... i would talk with a vet.. just in case
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• For any reason would the cat be jealous? My sister and her husband have a "guest room" but their cat thinks that it's her room. One weekend my sister had her best friend come in from out of town and stay in the "guest room". Well, Megan (the cat), was not happy about this at all and in the middle of the night jumped on the bed that my sis's friend was sleeping on and pee'd right in the middle of the bed, right on her friend. The cat NEVER does this sort of thing. Anyhow, that's how they let it be known that they are not happy and they are not having the new arrangements either!
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 2:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2008