I'm 19 and my daughter is 3 months old, when is it a good time for my fiance' and I to start going out again?

I feel like a bad mother when I leave the house without her or if I leave her with someone. I don't want to intrude on family members, but I do need time to myself. Am I being selfish with my baby or what?

Zarviemom19

Asked by Zarviemom19 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

• No, youre not being selfish. This little miracle has turned your life upside down and its not a bad thing to want to have a taste of grown up life again! If you drink, keep it to a minimum. Taking care of a newborn is no fun with a hangover! And really, the fun you have isn't worth it! And if you are asking this question, chances are you're ready! I say, find someone you completely trust to keep her for a few hours, and go have some fun! Don't feel bad calling every hour. The sitter will understand. And it will help calm your nerves knowing your little one is ok!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Oh, I think you are going through what every mom goes through.. Start off w/ little things like leaving her w/ someone while you just have a couple of hours for yourself.. Take long baths, long walks, even naps.. Maybe going grocery shopping w/ out her for once. Try that and see how you feel.. Your not a bad mama.. lol.. It will get easier w/ time.. Good luck to ya.. :)
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 10:45 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• IM SURE YOUR FAMILY WILL BE EXCITED TO WATCH YOUR BABY WHILE YOU HAVE A NIGHT OUT IT IS GOOD TO HAVE SOME GROWN UP TIME ONCE IN A WHILE
    bsmitley_69

Answer by bsmitley_69 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My dd is 16 months and dh and I still haven't gone out together since she was born. It totally sucks. so if you have someone you trust to watch your baby take the opportunity while you have it.
    newmom530

Answer by newmom530 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Noway you need time away... I waited till Jesse Burl was 6m before i let someone watch him.... With my first Dude he was a year before i did anything without him... But #2 i just couldnt wait...LOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• whatever time you decide to start doing it, i strongly encourage you to do it before I did, my daughter was 1½ before i was even close to being comfortable enough to leave her with someone. It's getting easier everytime i do it, but i wish i had done it sooner, it would make it even easier now. Oh also dont forget, if your family loves you and your baby they have NO problem watching her, trust me. Family functions i'm lucky i even get her back before I go home.
    adair87

Answer by adair87 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2008