what would you do if your teen son hit his 8 y/o sis?

I didn't see it happen, & it didn't leave a mark- but I am losing my mind over how a teenage boy & 8 y/o girl have to fight at all! UGH!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kids are the same way. My son is 15, my daughter is 7. They fight all the time. She does annoy him, I see it. I wish I could get him to just ignore her.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I hear ya! I have 3 daughters, 17, 11 and 4 and you wouldn't think they fight, but it's ridiculous! I've told the older ones that if I ever see them lay their hands on their younger sisters, I'm going to lay my hands on them. lol Seems to work.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My dad almost never spanked me and my siblings, but every time he did, it was for fighting. And, since he said he could never be sure which one of us had started it, he just always spanked us all. Probably why he didn't have to do it much!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• teen like 13 or older?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would probably have his daddy whup him good....LOL Depends on the situation I guess...
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 7:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• How old is he?
    I can understand that he gets angry but you need to have a talk with him about how he could actually damage her and it's getting serious now.
    He probably means no harm in it but it needs to be done. Perhaps have a word with your daughter too since I presume they both fight with each other and wind one another up.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• explain to him that it is abusive and i would consider making a report if it happened again.....i know we love all of our children the same as much but it is our job to protect them, even when its from each other. my mom actually pressed charges on my sister once for hitting her, she had left bruises all up and down my moms body a couple times and she finally called the police and my sister went to juvy for 2 weeks and the violence stopped very quickly.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2010