Hi

I am trying to figure out a way to eat more cause I struggle to make myself to eat. I am by no means anorexic or bulimic. I just need to know a cheap food that I can eat cause we are low income.

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You can get beans very inexpensively at the grocery store. Beans are great for you, packed with protein and fiber, and they're very filling. I like to buy bags of dried beans and slow-cook them myself, avoiding the sugar, preservatives, and corn syrup in the canned ones. And you can do a TON of different things with beans, from eating them plain to making roll-ups and casseroles with them. Happy eating!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Bread, rice, bag of potatoes(i love to bake them in the micWave)....peanut butter/jelly....
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 7:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• eggs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I presume you live in the US but I think it's probably the same here you can get big hunks of the store's own bread for quite cheap and carbs are always good :)
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Fresh fruits and veggies. Esp fresh fruits. Now is the time.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 7:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• peaunt butter and jelly sandwichs. You can get bread cheap. I like toasted slices of bread with peanut butter on it, no jelly. The fruit and veggies in season. Grapes are right now. Apples will be soon. Green beans and green peppers may still be inexpensive. Pasta noodles are not too bad. You can use butter and parm on them or I get sauce for as low as 99 cents and that can make a lot!! Cutting coupon is a way to save. Baked potatoes are relatively not too bad.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2010