I put my daughter to bed early....

not super early...only about 30 min before she would have passed out on the couch anyway. She wasn't being kind to her brothers and she wasn't listening. So...I hear her playing in her room, I don't know if she's in or out of her bed....
Question is...is should I go in there and tell her to be quiet/stop playing/put her back in bed or should I just leave her in there doing what she's doing until she falls asleep?

CABlonde

Asked by CABlonde at 7:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wouldnt go in unless she got loud and it got late.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would correct her....you told her to do something.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Personally at that age I'd go in there and put her into bed. You don't want her tired out tomorrow and it's a question of authority as well.

However once my children get older (7+) I prefer to let them do what they will in their room. I believe it's their own private space and they should be given some responsibility or they will never learn. However the worst I've had so far is my eldest staying up reading for a afew hours which I condone completely! She said she just couldn't put the book down.

GL!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I'd go in and put her to bed. You sent her to bed as a punishment - she shouldn't be playing.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 7:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would reinforce what I told her to do. If you do not, you are teaching her that rules mean nothing.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• If I tell john to go to bed, tuck him in & he gets back up, he gets into trouble. He knows the rules & he knows bedtime is time for sleep not play...

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I'd personally just leave her only unless she keeps playing later then her normal bedtime than I'd go in and put her in bed. In my way of thinking, she's doing what you really wanted her to,not bothering her brother, playing quietly, if you put her in bed she'll probably cry and protest, but it's up to you, some people won't like my answer but oh well
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 7:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• so since I posted this Q...she's been up and out of her room literally 20 times...i've put her back each time and now I think she's down for the count...
    thanks for all your advice and insight...I really appreciate it!
    CABlonde

Comment by CABlonde (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would pick her up and put her back in that bed.
    victoriamom2007

Answer by victoriamom2007 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• IMO, i would put her back in bed.
    Mom2Giovanna

Answer by Mom2Giovanna at 1:06 AM on Aug. 25, 2010