I forget ...

Is it right before or after your period that is the best time to conceive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm not totally sure but I believe you ovulate about 14 days after your period. and sperm can live 72 hours in there so around then is your best shot.
    bearcat84

Answer by bearcat84 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Bearcat is right as long as u have regular periods and have a 28 day cycle. count first day of bleeding as day 1 then count to days 12-19 and have sex atleast every other day. Even if ur cycle is more like every 30 days, your ovulation time would be days 17 -19 most likely. To be sure that you've gotten to have sex when u were ovulating, have it as much as possible during the 12 days after 1st day of period to the 22nd day. Almost every woman ovulates in that time period somewhere and sperm can live up to 72 hours - but not all do, so have sex atleast every other day.
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• there is a great ovulation calculator at www.healthstatus.com that helped me conceive
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• YES, you do ovulate on about day 14 of your cycle but everyone is a little defferent so you need to calculate. The sperm only lives for 48 hours in your body so you need to have sex within 48 hours of ovulation!
    twinsmom1107

Answer by twinsmom1107 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2008