my one month old

is having trouble pooping....
i think it might be cuz i stopped breast feeding so much
but i dont know how to help him feel better

mikells_mommi08

Asked by mikells_mommi08 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes i would call the doctor also to see what they reccomend but my daughter had that problem when she was about the same age and the doctor told me to put a dollop of dark karo syrup in a few ounces of water and give that to her now the baby of course won't drink it all but it did help. call doc first
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i would call yourdoctor. our son had that problem and they had i give him baby apple juice or prune juice or water. we gave him an ounce in the morning and an ounce in the evening. we started with the water and when that didn't work they said to try one of the juices so we did the apple and when that didn't work we did the prune juice but let me forwarn you, it REALLY cleans out the system!
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 10:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• it could be the formula. i dont know which kind youre giving him but my son was constipated with soy AND milk based formula. he's now on enfamil gentlease which cleared up the problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Oh my goodness... when my son was an infant... he would go most of the time 10 - 14 days without having a BM. He didn't seem to be in any discomfort, and I was exclusively breast feeding.

The dr. suggested giving him 1oz apple juice to 2 oz water. Do that once a day or so & see how that works.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:39 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I was told after 3 days of no poo you need to intervien. Try pear juice mixed with water, or straight water.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 1:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• if his poop is solid and not mushy then you know its a problem, that means constipation. but if its just more spread out in days then its no big deal. if you have super concerns call your doc!! as you can tell from my recent questions ive had lots of talks with the doc about poop lol
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2008